Corporate Development - Senior Consultant, Strategic Finance (external equivalent: Manager)
What you will do
The Senior Consultant will play a critical role in accelerating the growth of Deloitte by supporting the planning, analysis, and evaluation of the firm's largest and most strategic investments. The role is entirely project-based and serves as an internal consultant that partners with senior leadership and operating executives across all four businesses of Deloitte (Consulting, Advisory, Tax, Audit). Note that the role is not client-facing and requires limited domestic travel for project-related meetings with business partners. The team is remote, and the role can work from home or from one of Deloitte's local offices if desired.
About the team
The position is part of Deloitte's US Corporate Development function and sits within the Strategic Finance team in the Deloitte New-venture Accelerator (DNA). DNA is an internal strategic accelerator that drives the growth of the firm by supporting Deloitte's largest and most strategic investments. Many investments supported by the Strategic Finance team align with the firm's Strategic Growth Opportunities (SGOs) and include organic and inorganic investments in technology and services businesses.
Examples of projects that the Strategic Finance team supports include:
* Organic investments related to cutting-edge technologies such as AI, Cyber, Cloud and Blockchain
* M&A deals and ecosystem partnerships to provide Deloitte with access to new technologies
* Major investments in high-growth services areas such as Sustainability, Climate and Equity
* Strategic pricing projects to develop value-based pricing strategies and tools for new offerings
* Partnering with the firm's Investment Finance team to conduct strategic reviews of major in-flight investments to assess performance against strategic objectives and financial targets
The responsibilities for the role will vary depending on the type of project. In addition, the scope of the role is flexible and will expand as the candidate becomes more experienced and demonstrates success on projects.
Examples of typical responsibilities include:
* Create detailed driver-based financial models for organic/inorganic business opportunities
* Partner with business to gather and vet business case assumptions and underlying rationale
* Research internal and external metrics to develop benchmarks to sanity-check assumptions
* Partner with DNA's Commercial Insights team including helping design, conduct and evaluate interviews with market participants to market validate assumptions
* Partner with Corporate Development Transaction Execution team to develop economic analysis of M&A transactions
* Support operational improvement initiatives including partnering with operating executives to assess a variety of business situations and develop data-based insights and recommendations
* Develop financial models related to pricing including pricing calculators and cost models
* Storyboard presentations and develop decks related to project outputs and other relevant topics
* Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and market research to support projects
The preferred candidate will have a strong career interest in strategic finance and corporate development and the following qualifications:
* Undergraduate degree in Finance with MBA preferred
* At least 2 to 4 years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, strategic finance consulting or strategic finance roles
* Expert skills in financial modeling with experience related to business case development for new business opportunities preferred
* Experience in storyboarding and creating decks for executive audiences
* Strong understanding of finance and accounting concepts
* Experience in subscription and technology-based businesses a plus
* Excellent communication skills including partnering with executive leaders
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 118167