Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Support Computer Scientists, Analysts, and Engineers via Software development tasks on R&D projects across the Intelligent Systems group
- The R&D projects are in the areas of transportation systems, smart cities and other critical system software
- Potential areas of application include: machine learning, user interface design, cyber security, advanced traffic management systems, traveler information systems, or ITS devices
- For more information visit www.swri.org/industries/intelligent-transportation-systems
- Local student internship or Co-op for work in Spring and Fall
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop software solutions for intelligent transportation system applications
- Must be pursuing a BS with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree
- Two years of undergraduate work
- Must be familiar with software development
- Exposure or desire to learn development tools; Git, object oriented programming skills in C#, Java, WPF, and/or C++
- Basic database query development using SQL
- Knowledge or desire to learn web publishing and development skills in HTML and XML
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
For information about SwRI's benefits, please review our Benefits Brochure.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace