Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Join our Intelligent Systems Division as a Summer 2021 Intern!
- Support Analysts, Computer Scientists, and Engineers via Software development tasks on R&D projects across the Intelligent Systems group
- The R&D projects are in the areas of transportation systems, smart cities and other critical system software
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Potential areas of application include: machine learning, user interface design, cyber security, advanced traffic management systems, traveler information systems, or ITS devices. For more information visit www.swri.org/industries/intelligent-transportation-systems.
- Must be pursuing a BS with 3.00 GPA in Computer Science or related
- 2 years: Must have completed at least two or more years of under-graduate education
- Must be familiar with software development
- Exposure to development tools such as Subversion, object oriented programming skills in C#, Java, WPF, and/or C++
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
For information about SwRI's benefits, please review our Benefits Brochure.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace