Who We Are:
Join the Defense and Intelligence Solutions team as a software engineering intern for the summer. You will be challenged in developing software solutions ranging from developing low level algorithms to visualizing large data or one of many other software centric development projects.
Objectives of this Role:
- Develop applications involve a variety of signal processing, data storage analysis and processing, graphical user interfaces, database, and web applications that will ultimately be part of a larger systems to meet customer mission needs
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop software in one of several possible languages; including C++ or Java
- Work with experienced Computer Scientists and Engineers to develop advanced solutions
- Perform all aspects of object-oriented software development projects including translating functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Implement proofs of concept, prototypes and production-grade software while creating unit and completed software testing, installation, and documentation
- Pursuing a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, Software Engineering
- Must have at least 3.0 GPA
- Sophomore, Jr, or Sr. Student Level; C++ and Java skills with the ability to work with advanced data structures, data analytics, and machine learning applications
- Exposure to data analytics or machine learning concepts and tools
- Familiarity with software development on Windows and LINUX operating systems
- Strong problem-solving and quantitative data analysis skills
- Be capable of working both independently and within a team with strong communication skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
For information about SwRI's benefits, please review our Benefits Brochure.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace