Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the lives of the people in the communities that we live and work.
As a Supply Chain Systems Design Specialist on the Information Services Commercial team, you will provide support for Valero’s Marketing, Supply and Transportation business. You will deploy new systems and enhance existing systems focused on Hydrocarbon Supply Chain Management (Supply and Demand Planning, Procure-To-Pay, Order-To-Cash, Hydrocarbon Inventory Management, Logistics and Transportation). The core application is SAP but there are also several integrated and non-integrated software and proprietary applications that support Valero’s commercial business. You will help design, implement and support system solutions that will improve business processes, control costs, increase profitability and support Valero’s expansion into new markets.
Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders.
You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Work on moderate to complex tasks for the deployment of new solutions and enhancements/fixes.
- Be organized and manage business user interactions including requirements gathering, testing, training and post-implementation support.
- Perform analysis on and recommend complex, quality solutions for business processes.
- Communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
QualificationsSuccessful candidates will have :
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- At least 5 years of industry or business/IT experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, functional design and implementation required.
- A high degree of initiative, creativity and problem solving ability required.
The most competitive candidates will additionally have :
- Downstream Oil & Gas industry experience or related business/IT knowledge with SAP including modules SD (Sales & Distribution), MM (Materials Management) and IS-Oil (Industry Solution for Oil & Gas).
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.