The Sr. Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Marketing reports directly to the Senior Vice President Social Responsibility and has bottom line accountability for sales, marketing, branding and communciations intiatives across the enterprise. This position has responsibilities for WellMed Medical Management across multiple geographies and key measures of success will be growth and retention of WellMed patients – supporting the organic, accretive, acquisition, and payer relations initiatives for growth strategies.
The Sr. Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Marketing is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and support to all aspects of sales, marketing, and branding and communications, and is accountable for the performance and results through and with multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff, including physicians. Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with physicians, payer partners, staff, patients and the public. Formulates and administers policies and procedures, participates in strategic planning and business development activities and assists in the professional development of the sales, marketing, branding and communications team. The position works with and for senior leadership as they facilitate project planning, project management, implementation, and evaluation of sales and marketing. Also, directs long-term planning priorities and assures team is appropriately integrated into the overall direction, mission and values of the company.
- Recommends, develops and provides direction in the strategic long-range planning process as it relates to all sales, marketing, branding and communications function aligning with growth goals by market for both employed and contracted physicians.
- Participates, evaluates, supports, and makes recommendations for business development and expansion opportunities within assigned territories.
- Oversees the budgets of all sales, marketing, branding and communications projects for the enterprise and ensures successful deployment of resources to achieve financial targets.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to management staff in establishing department objectives related to staffing, policies and procedures, and outcome measurement.
- Develops and governs the annual budget for the sales and marketing area and implements plans to achieve budgetary goals.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and implements plans and programs to continually enhance services provided.
- Ensures all Sales/Marketing initiatives meet compliance and quality standards.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to remain current in the changing healthcare trends
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
The pace is fast and you’ll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field required.
- 8+ years of senior executive level experience in multi-state, multi-market provider or insurance marketing/sales operations.
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional marketing/sales and growth teams
- Experience building relationships with physicians, payer partners, staff and patients
- A strong understanding of financials and healthcare economics, ability to analyze operations, impact revenue and healthcare costs, and continually implement efficient operational processes. History of bottom line accountability.
- Demonstrated strong public speaking skills
- Strong business acumen and proven strategic leadership skills required.
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field.
- 8+ years of experience at a senior executive level in business development.