Supports client environments as member of Logicalis’ 24x7x365 operations team. Responsible for support, incident, problem, change, configuration, performance, and capacity management of devices and resources monitored by Logicalis Managed Services. Provides Tier III engineering and support for relevant technology of environments. Provides experience with new and legacy networking technologies, including switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and connectivity (via MPLS, VPN, DMVPN etc.) to customer offices, data centers and cloud / public cloud offerings. Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents such environments and related infrastructure. Supports Logicalis Enterprise Cloud and customer owned network environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs design, setup, configuration, implementation, validation and documentation of complex network technology infrastructure and solutions as well as break/fix troubleshooting, appliance and infrastructure software updates and feature enhancements to relevant technology infrastructure as required.
- Responds and solves client issues utilizing technology tools, procedures, and training through awareness of service offerings and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Understands Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and follows predefined ITIL incident, problem, and change management processes in place for each client when working to resolve client requests or outages.
- Collects statistical information to monitor growth and reports to management.
- Provides direct client interaction at senior management level.
- Maintains CMDB CI attributes for relation to applications/services and their business impact.
- Maintains current knowledge of core service offerings and SLAs. Understands all Logicalis service offerings to better support client as well as expanding any service offering to current clients.
- Supports escalated issues; coordinates communications between operations staff; supports staff to resolve complex issues.
- Participates in managing client change requests and problem ticket resolution.
- Works with Sales teams and Service Delivery Managers (SDMs) to propose enhancements to client environments.
- Acts as escalation point for Tier I and Tier II technical teams. Directs team members in incident, problem and change request resolution and guidance on projects.
- Follows change management process (peer reviewed by Tier III or Tier lV resource).
- Interacts with other support departments to provide resilient computing environments for Logicalis clients.
- Documents environments, processes, and procedures to enable support of environments by other team members.
- Provides periodic environment review and suggests enhancements of services or resiliency of environments. Creates, uses, and maintains technical and process documentation.
- Remains current on technical and company related literature/correspondence and regularly reviews administrative procedures.
- Coordinates service outages with Service Delivery Managers as required.
- Documents post-incident response and root cause analysis.
- Participates in client sales engagements and performs regular environment Service Delivery Reviews (SDRs).
- Sets course for repeatable processes and auditing Logicalis processes against service descriptions.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.