Zachary Piper Solutions is currently seeking a Secret cleared Field Engineer to support a federal integrator and their nationwide customer base. Our team is upgrading Optical transport equipment on a nationwide fiber backbone network. Individuals will provide advanced Tier II support by troubleshooting and repairing network devices, tools, and services for a nationwide fiber optic transport network as well as network support for two (2) geographically separated Network Operation Centers (NOC).
Up to 15% of travel can be expected due to possible deployments to lab facilities and other NOC locations.
AN ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE OR TOP SECRET WITH SCI ELIGIBILITY IS REQUIRED
Responsibilities for Systems Engineer include:
- Serves as the Network Operations Center (NOC) primary point of contact for problem escalations, interacting with Network Provisioners or equipment vendors to identify and develop solutions to escalated problems.
- Operates as network technical lead on internet protocol (IP) and network management (NM) activities and serve as the first level of escalation to Tier I NOC personnel on network issues.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve logical and physical network issues and identify problem trends and systemic issues before Tier III elevation
- Maintain Circuit Layout Records (CLR), network diagrams, IP routing spreadsheet, and other supporting documentation
Qualifications for Systems Engineer include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an Information Technology field.
- At least 7 years of experience in a network management environment.
- Requires a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Security+ or equivalent IAT/IAM/IASAE Level 2 of DOD 8570.1 is required.
- Expected to work in a shift environment in support of 24x7 operations.
- Up to 15% of travel can be expected due to possible deployments to lab facilities and other NOC locations.
- Requires fluent understanding of Layers 1/2/3 inter-dependences and IP proficiency.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is required.
- Expertise in the uses of network management protocols, tools and products, including but not limited to SolarWinds, Cisco Identity Services Engine, Cisco Access Control Server, EIQ SecureVue, Neuralstar
- Experience with DWDM and Ciena, Ciena 6500 is strongly preferred
Compensation for Systems Engineer includes:
- $85,000 to $115,000 depending on experience.
- Fully Remote opportunity, equipment provided, travel expenses paid for
- Cigna Medical, Cigna Dental, Cigna Vision,
- Up to 2 weeks PTO, 401k, Holiday pay (11 Federal Holidays)
network engineer, engineer, senior engineer, technician, Plant installation, installing, cables, cabling, cable labelling, inter fibering, intra fibering, deployment plans, engineering packages, engineering design, drawing, DWDM, Commission and Provision Ciena systems, end to end testing, DS3, OC768, Dark Fiber, OTDR, PMD, CD, Visio, MS Office, Microsoft Office, Ethernet, ethernet system, transmission, DHS, SONET, ATM, switch, routers, GPS, networking, network management, O&M, O&M Procedures, configuration management, layer 1, layer 2, fiber, ISP, OSP, signal flow, clearance, secret cleared, secret DOD, DoD, top secret, us citizen, citizenship, Department of Defense, Army, Marine, Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, National Guard, Military, Pentagon, Defense, Central Intelligence Agency, FBI ,Federal Bureau of Investigation, NSA, National Security Agency, , National Reconnaissance Office, NGA, National Geospatial Agency, DOJ, Department of Justice, DOS, Department of State, TS/SCI, top Secret, SCI Eligible, SCI, Top Secret clearance, top secret cleared, ts/sci clearance, active, ts/sci clearance - provided by Dice