We are looking for Tax Accountant for our client in San Antonio, TX
Job Title: Tax Accountant
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Contract
- Reconcile tax accounts.
- Pull compliance data and send it to 3rd party.
- File sales and use tax returns and registrations as needed.
- Maintain and process customer exemption certificates and refund requests.
- Transaction tax audit defense.
- Prepare and support transaction tax refund claims: amend returns, file refund claims with the state, and reconcile sales data as applicable.
- Communicate with peers and other departments as needed.
- Assisting with various projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years experience in indirect tax.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- SAP and Vertex experience are a plus.
- CCH or TTR experience is a plus.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking/analytical skills to solve complex tax issues.
- Organizational skills to be timely and keep files complete and organized.
- Communicate professionally.
- Able to multitask and prioritize work.
- Pivot on assignments as necessary due to deadlines.