The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manufacturing Team Member will perform a variety of tasks within the department related to the handling, packaging, documentation, and changeover/set up of products while adhering to 100% quality assurance. Operates manufacturing equipment in a high-volume production environment, such as bagger, mogul, packaging machines. Team Members are also responsible for performing machine set-ups, tool changes, and routine checks on manufacturing equipment, and visual quality checks.
Must operate various manufacturing equipment (bagger, mogul, scales, packaging equipment, etc.) in a mass/high volume production environment.
- Follow operating procedures to conduct changeovers safely and within standard time.
- Manipulate small parts and gauges to adjust equipment parameters according to product being manufactured.
- Perform machine set-ups, tool changes as necessary and routine machine checks.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure product meets dimensional and appearance requirements.
- Accurately and legibly document information with daily production, downtime tracking, etc.
- Enable, participate and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Engage in Daily Shift End meeting using 2 way communications to review shift actual results to goals. Take individual accountability in assisting the team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems.
- Calculate figures and amounts using whole numbers and decimals.
- Knowledge of basic machining and have ability to apply concepts.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions, procedures and policies. Receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment through the use of 5S visuals management tools and standards; responsible for proper waste disposal. Perform all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) meeting required production standards.
- Coordinate activities within a team environment and be flexible in adapting to changing work environment. Follow escalation process standard work and assist team in “Why Why” Problem Solving Analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.