A well-established firm within the area is seeking an experienced Title Examiner.
This organization is looking to add a Title Examiner to join a team of highly motivated staff. The Title Examiner will oversee the completion of all title and closing work for clients in your assigned market. You will serve as the primary contact to the client, and ensure they are given high quality service.The Real Estate Title Examiner researches and analyzes public records in order to produce accurate, detailed reports summarizing property ownership.
The Real Estate Title Examiner researches and analyzes public records in order to produce accurate, detailed reports summarizing property ownership.
- Perform title examination and analysis requiring a high level of title expertise
- Examine deeds, liens, judgments, leases, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements to determine property ownership
- Interpret complex legal documents
- Verify detailed ownership reports and abstracts
- Review, correct and update run sheets, deed plots, and flowcharts for abstracts and title opinions
- Utilize online resources, courthouse computer systems, and courthouse records to provide accurate and timely reports
- Review deeds, mortgages, easements, judgments and tax assessments
- Read and analyze surveys for title insurance purposes, including metes and bounds descriptions
- Prepare title commitments, update title commitments and make necessary revisions
- Advises and assists customers in clearing any title defects, and within limits, makes decisions as to insurability of title based on policy, precedent, an d applicable laws. Refers complex problems and high liability cases to supervisor or more senior title officer.
- Arrange recordings of documents after closing
- Provide customer service to internal and external clients
- Working knowledge of real property laws, examining and underwriting policies and procedures, title insurance policies, endorsements, services and pricing
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Analytical skills, requiring accuracy and concentration
- Strong proficiency with software programs and computers
For additional information, contact Tyler Haugen at (605) 937-5395. Resumes may be sent in confidentially to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.