Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. (sm)
Under the supervision of the UM Supervisor, the UM Coordinator is responsible for processing diabetic supply orders. DS UM Coordinator is responsible for handling customer service or provider calls as needed. DS UM Coordinator is responsible for providing clerical support to WellMed clinical staff for their medical necessity review process. DS UM Coordinator is expected to maintain production and quality standards.
- Manages diabetic supplies requests received via incoming phone calls and faxes from providers and patients
- Provides excellent customer service, including handling escalated callers
- Responsible for outreaches to providers and/or patient to complete diabetic supply requests and prescriptions
- Researches and completes DS inventory accordingly to meet productivity and quality standards to include:
- Completing orders received through phone calls
- Completing orders received through Right Fax
- Completing orders received through email
- Contacts provider offices to obtain clinical information to complete work order of diabetic supply
- Documents and follows-up on all assigned inventory, utilizing on-line systems and procedures, according to established guidelines
- Non-Clinical staff is not responsible for conducting any UM activity that requires interpretation of clinical information
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
The position requires working various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays as determined by the business.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two or more years’ in call center experience
- One or more years in medical office or health care experience
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize and communicate effectively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a varied customer base
- Ability to navigate multiple systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Associate’s Degree in a healthcare related field
- Medical Assistant Experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Diabetic Supply, Data Entry, Associate Patient Care Coordinator, Patient Services Rep, Patient Care Tech, Medical Office Specialist, Call Center, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Texas, TX