Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented User Experience (UX) Designer- Mid Level (Remote) for our San Antonio, TX, or Plano, TX facility. This position may also have the option of working remotely in the continental U.S. with occasional travel as requested.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days' onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee’s manager.
We're looking for a UX Designer to join the team working on exciting product design opportunities for the auto insurance space and the future of mobility at USAA. This designer will be someone that is comfortable with the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from idea, research and design through release and support of in-market experiences. They have exceptional visual and UI design skills, particularly working in native experiences for mobile platforms, and care about the smallest details. They're also ready to take part in user research, directly represent the best interests of the user through direct engagement with our partners and stakeholders and bring a strong desire to help a team of high performing designers craft a vision for the future of USAA products.
Contributes within high-performing, cross-organizational teams by applying working knowledge and experience in the practice of human-centered design. Assists in the research, ideation, concepting, prototyping, testing, and delivery activities for moderately complex Member and Employee experiences in a data-informed, agile environment. Demonstrates the value of design as a strategic partner by working to craft, iterate, and deliver solutions that align with member needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Supports design team in defining business problems, design requirements, and demonstrate a solution's potential success for moderately complex projects.
- Assists in the facilitation of cross-functional human-centered design sessions and group discussions to drive shared understanding and provide design solutions
- Collaborates with team members to deconstruct moderately complex problems into a clear and achievable workstream with support and direction for decision making.
- Navigates all parts of their workstream from discovery to implementation through the development of research deliverables, design artifacts, and prototypes.
- Participates in the development and facilitation of human-centered research efforts, the synthesis of research findings and the generation of insights. Works mostly self-directed to create end-to-end member experiences and documentation of work by leveraging proficiency in interaction design, visual design, and/or content design.
- Consistently and effectively presents work, articulates dependencies and communicates a clear rationale for decisions.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of human-centered and service design principles and can leverage relevant methods to solve discrete design problems
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree
- 4 years of relevant, on-the-job experience in a Product Design, UX Design, Service Design or Design Research role delivering complex design systems for web and native applications.
- Demonstrated experience designing and supporting digital products inside an Agile environment using human-centered design principles, methods and problem-solving strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates working experience designing digital experiences for mobile and web-based applications.
- Facilitation, collaboration and consensus-building skills, with experience presenting to cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluently in standard applications, including Sketch, InVision (or comparable prototyping tools), Adobe CC and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated working understanding of new technologies and best practices in website navigation, browsers, mobile patterns, information architecture and usability.
- Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces for web and mobile applications (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, engaging and able to work effectively within a team environment, always delivering results on time.
- Experience designing native mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Experience with user research methodologies.
- Experience with documentation and organization of information.
- Experience working within design systems, and contributing to their growth.
- Strong communication skills, including visual communication.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $72,900 - $131,400.*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.