Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic stat that understands and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Associate Patient Care Coordinator provides support to the UM department in administrative functions for UM organization determinations and appeal coordination. This position utilizes knowledge of Medicare and state HMO guidelines in order to facilitate and comply with the Utilization Management plan in data entry and to prepare letters utilizing standard templates. The Associate Patient Care Coordinator will also provide float coverage for the central UM department, utilizing and following established policies and procedures.
- Provides data entry, filing, tracking time frames and status of case files and mailing letters to patients and providers
- Reviews denials and determines whether the decisions are retro / claims DOS or prospective DOS, and whether they are NCB or medically necessary. Sorts appropriately
- Monitors system approval queues and prints member letters, ensuring that all approvals are printed and mailed by end of business day
- Prepares envelopes and letters for mailing according the UM policy
- Receives appeal requests from health plans and/ or QIO, logs requests, researches and provides requested information
- Works with claims department to redirect claims related appeal requests
- Generates reports for analysis by department using the data entry system
- Assists with CMS organization determination reports as needed
This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
This is an office based (call center) position located near Northwest PKWY in San Antonio, TX.
The position requires working various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays as determined by the business.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of related experience
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient software computer skills
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Related experience in healthcare
- Familiarity with ICD - 9 coding
- Telephonic and/or telecommute experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Independent problem identification / resolution and decision - making skills
- Ability to interact with individuals and with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service with patients, providers, and health plan and interacting with other internal departments within the organization
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Supervisor, Utilization Management, UM, Medical terminology, ICD and CPT, Claims Coder, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, Floresville, Helotes, Texas, TX