Thepurpose of this position is to oversee and support contracted vendor solutionsfor the Enterprise operationsteams. This person will participate asthe lead in design, development and tactical implementation of strategicbusiness objectives to ensure mutual understanding between vendor tradesuppliers and internal business teams as it relates to care delivery anddelegation of responsibilities.
Theresponsibilities of this position demand a wide range of capabilitiesincluding: strategic planning aligned to procurement strategy and planning;strong understanding of commercial contract management activities; accountingknowledge and understanding of financial statements and invoices; understandingof trade supplier arrangements; adherence and governance to ongoing vendorcompliance review, onboarding and assessment; highly developed communicationskills; political savvy working through inter-organizational processes; and theability to develop clear action plans and drive processes, given ambiguousscope with numerous task interdependencies.
Thisposition will work closely with key business units to develop long-termstrategic relationships that support the WellMed Enterprise objectives andmission to change the face of health care delivery for seniors with emphasis oncompliance, contract management, security, and account management The positionwill be the liaison between WellMed and our vendor partner organizations,providing support and managing the relationship with all key areas of thecorporate team but primarily with Finance, Sourcing and Procurement, andInformation Technology.
You'll enjoy the flexibility totelecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some toughchallenges.
- Facilitates andcoordinates the onboarding and evaluation of potential vendor partners.
- Responsible formaintenance of relationship and overall vendor performance.
- Facilitates andoversees strategic business meetings with various business units and vendorpartners.
- Facilitates and leadsas the contract management expert in formulating various contracts with keysubject matter experts in contracting and compliance.
- Acts as a liaison,problem solver, negotiator, and facilitator between WellMed Medical Management,Inc. and vendor partners.
- Facilitates andleadings ongoing governance management activities related to vendor partnercompliance.
- Responds to internalinquiries and resolves internal issues with vendor personnel.
- Assists in thedevelopment of organizational objectives and short and long-range program goalswith key business units and personnel.
- Continuously strives toensure that favorable relationships are maintained while ensuring the interestof the organization and maintaining confidentiality.
- Manages a performancemanagement process which includes: contract performance planning and resultsfor assigned vendor relationships; advising, supporting and ensuringperformance requirements, goals, measures, and assessment activities areestablished, met, tracked, and reported against service level agreements(SLAs).
- Prepares agendas formeetings for leadership. Issues agendaswith appropriate backup materials and arranges for presence of appropriatedirectors and vice presidents.
- Enters reportinginformation relevant to managed vendor relationships and milestone tracking.
- Reviews vendor datadevelops recommendations and reviews findings with senior management.
- Accountable foroperational aspects of vendor management and coordination with appropriatebusiness partners to ensure success of relationship.
- Examines, analyzes,develops and presents a variety of performance results in addition to otherpertinent communication as requested.
- Facilitates monthly andquarterly JOC meetings as specified.
- Performs all otherrelated duties as assigned.
You'll be rewarded and recognizedfor your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give youclear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree inHealthcare Administration, Business Administration, Contract Management, or arelated field; a High School Diploma/GED and four years of additionalexperience as outlined in each bullet point below.
- 3+ years of experience facilitating contracts ina vendor management capacity.
- Proven ability tosuccessfully manage commercial contracts.
- Demonstrated successfulrelationship management experience with the ability to interact one-on-one andconsult with all levels of executive management required both internal andexternal to the organization.
- Proficiency withMicrosoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint andOutlook. Working knowledge of CRMfunctionality.
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's US Telecommuting Policy.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Certification incommercial contract management (CCMP, CCCM, CPCM).
- Strong workingknowledge of Medicare health care operations and delegation.
- Experience in workingwith project management teams and activities.
- Health plan, healthcareor information technology experience.
Careers with WellMed. Our focusis simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change theface of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarilyMedicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary andmulti-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We'vejoined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and ourmission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand andcontrol their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staffare selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care.For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do yourlife's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be requiredto adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug testbefore beginning employment.
JobKeywords: Contracts, Vendor Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work fromhome, Work at home, Remote, Telecommuting