If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the Chief Data Governance Officer, the Vice President of Data Governance is a proactive leader within the Data Governance Office who supports data enablement; aligns talent, technology, capabilities and investments to drive analytic innovation; and enhances data enabled intelligence across Optum’s products and services. Collaborating with cross-functional teams, this individual will partner to develop and implement an enterprise-wide data governance model and strategy and operationally manage core data governance services across several key Optum business areas.
The chosen candidate, under guidance from the Chief Data Governance Officer, will help lead the Data Governance team across Optum business, legal, compliance, privacy, and technology leaders, to support the data governance strategy and operational programs.
- Serve as a strategic partner and expert across the enterprise on data policies, data governance, data management, data processing and data quality standards.
- Manage relationships with key analytics, research and technology leaders
- Help ensure the appropriate collection, retention, use and disclosure of information
- Provide Optum businesses technical guidance for managing data to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Enable development, curation and maintenance of Optum’s analytical data sets
- Assess products, services, and relationships to maximize data enablement
- Standardize related technology tools and methods
- Assess mitigating data governance controls
- Focus on developing business opportunities, enterprise stewardship, and insight
- Develop and define policies relating to the storing and structuring of data across Optum businesses collaborating with other stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Serve as a key member on internal working groups related to data governance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in privacy, data governance, technology and/or business analytics in healthcare
- 10+ years of experience serving as a thought leader in the areas of data and/or data privacy
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare and industry regulations, standards, and frameworks
- Proven abilities to collaborate, build consensus, and influence business and technology leaders at all levels of a global organization to ensure the successful implementation of change
- History of success and a desire to drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules, specifically related to research
- Experience with managing de-identification programs and vendor based de-identification solutions, preferred
- Strategic and facilitative skillset
- Combination of focus and flexibility
- Passion for all things data and data governance - it’s role, impact, challenges and potential for driving change
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Licensed attorney with 10+ years privacy experience or equivalent
- HITRUST De-identification certification
- CIPP / US Privacy certification
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Vice President, Data Governance, VP Compliance, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote