Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Vice President, Digital Experience Product Owner at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this position is to define end-to-end Member Journey for Home Loan originations, develop the Digital Roadmap from loan application to closing, create a confident home buying experience, and lead the delivery management for key originations initiatives. The incumbent will be a strategic partner with the Real Estate business and Enterprise Technology areas to lead and deliver mortgage technology capabilities across the Retail, Consumer Direct (Digital) and Correspondent channels supporting both Mortgage and Home Equity products. The incumbent will work across the Home Loans business areas to establish priorities and work across the Enterprise to ensure initiatives are delivered timely, within budget and achieve the desired goals (member experience, colleague experience, quality, etc.) This position will develop and maintain strong working relationships across the business, IT, Compliance, Legal and vendors (EllieMae, Velocify, Tavant, etc.) that are critical to the success of the group.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Define the end-to-end originations journey map to deliver innovative Member, Colleague and Real Estate Agent Experiences.
- Provide critical thought leadership and expertise of digital strategy from concept, design, and member journey, to implementation/launch of a range of digital capabilities.
- Develop a Digital Roadmap for the end-to-end originations process supporting Mortgage and Home Equity products across the Retail, Consumer Direct (Digital) and Correspondent channels.
- Partner with key internal and external resources to appropriately scope, design, develop and deploy new Digital capabilities.
- Lead key originations initiatives to ensure timely delivery, within budget and achieve the desired goals (member experience, colleague experience, quality, etc.).
- Directly lead third party relationships and overall risk management that support Mortgage originations (Ellie, Velocify, Tavant, etc.)
- Direct and drive analysis concerning the economic and financial implications of existing and planned Digital initiatives or projects.
- Direct and influence activities of User Experience, Digital Services, User Platform, and Product teams impacting originations processes to support Mortgage business growth plans.
- Optimize member and colleague experience journeys in direct collaboration with the business areas and integrate analytics, research, and persona definitions to inform design and Digital experience requirements with a focus on continuous improvement of the member and colleague experiences.
- Collaborate with other leaders in IT on Strategic projects and Enterprise Projects.
- Ensure Digital user experiences are optimized for key client or other user access points (mobile/tablets, etc.) and member journeys.
- Adhere to operational and business controls that comply with all legal and compliance requirements.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline required.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience developing and implementing projects/programs with Digital expertise in financial services and mortgage technology required.
- Minimum five (5) years direct management experience.
- Background in Digital Strategy with a financial institution is desired.
- Experience with Ellie Mae Encompass platform, Tavant, and Velocify is desired.
- Experience leveraging an integrated collection of technologies and methodologies (e.g. Agile) to design captivating Digital experiences across multiple platforms.
- Strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) including diplomacy and storytelling to influence senior-level executives, external partners, and colleagues while navigating across a diverse and complex organization.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and organizational skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team and work with external partners and agencies.
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Travel to various worksites is required (Approx. 15-20%).
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.