The Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Marketing reports directly to the Senior Vice President Social Responsibility and has bottom line accountability for sales, marketing, branding and communciations intiatives across the enterprise. This position has responsibilities for WellMed Medical Management across multiple geographies and key measures of success will be growth and retention of WellMed patients – supporting the organic, accretive, acquisition, and payer relations initiatives for growth strategies.
The Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Marketing is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and support to all aspects of sales, marketing, and branding and communications, and is accountable for the performance and results through and with multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff, including physicians. Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with physicians, payer partners, staff, patients and the public. Formulates and administers policies and procedures, participates in strategic planning and business development activities and assists in the professional development of the sales, marketing, branding and communications team. The position works with and for senior leadership as they facilitate project planning, project management, implementation, and evaluation of sales and marketing. Also, directs long-term planning priorities and assures team is appropriately integrated into the overall direction, mission and values of the company.
- Recommends, develops and provides direction in the strategic long-range planning process as it relates to all sales, marketing, branding and communications function aligning with growth goals by market for both employed and contracted physicians.
- Participates, evaluates, supports, and makes recommendations for business development and expansion opportunities within assigned territories.
- Oversees the budgets of all sales, marketing, branding and communications projects for the enterprise and ensures successful deployment of resources to achieve financial targets.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to management staff in establishing department objectives related to staffing, policies and procedures, and outcome measurement.
- Develops and governs the annual budget for the sales and marketing area and implements plans to achieve budgetary goals.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and implements plans and programs to continually enhance services provided.
- Ensures all Sales/Marketing initiatives meet compliance and quality standards.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to remain current in the changing healthcare trends
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Marketing, Business Administration or related field required.
- 8+ years of senior executive level experience in multi-state, multi-market provider or insurance marketing/sales operations.
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional marketing/sales and growth teams
- 4+ years of experience with the Medicare Advantage model, with special emphasis on multi-payer and multi-market
- Experience building relationships with physicians, payer partners, staff and patients
- Running large-scale Campaigned/Branding across multiple markets, states, or enterprise
- Building Relations with Leadership.
- A solid understanding of financials and healthcare economics, ability to analyze operations, impact revenue and healthcare costs, and continually implement efficient operational processes.
- Solid business acumen and proven strategic leadership skills
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration; Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- 8+ years of experience at a senior executive level in business development.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Marketing, Medicare Advantage, San Antonio, TX, Texas, Medicare Advantage Model, Multi-payer, Multi market