We’re looking for candidates who possess creative and technical skills to design motion graphics using Adobe Effects. You should be able to create and incorporate motion graphics into video as well as be able to create full scale animations. The candidate should be comfortable with Adobe Premiere and have a strong sense of timing and the ability to tell compelling stories. You should be familiar with taking projects from concept to execution and will excel in a creative and collaborative environment.
Highly desired candidates will be self-starters who are organized and balance their creativity, speed, and turnaround with their acute attention to detail. This position will be part of a large, talented, and creative contracting team consisting of writers, communication account executives, designers and artists, video producers, editors, and web developers. Support of this team is essential.
This position supports a high-visibility government agency. The candidate will be directly involved in crafting the image the agency presents to its employees and to the public, by providing video production support for internal and external communications. The work environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and flexible.
A High School diploma plus 1(1) year of relevant experience in video production, editing and/or motion graphics, or a BS in relevant degree plus eight (1) years of experience.
* Experience with Mac OS, Windows PC, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
* Strong background in Adobe After Effects
* Proficiency in producing videos in Adobe Premiere
* Deep understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
* Experience pitching and developing storyboards.
* Understanding of codecs and compression for video
* Color grading with LUTS as well as general color correction.
* Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment over a shared media server as well as demonstrating independent initiative and follow through.
* Ability to organize and manage several large projects at once, in a fast-paced environment
* Strong willingness to learn, collaborate, and stay up to date on industry best practices and cutting edge innovations, tools, and techniques
* Strong customer service, communication and social skills
Additional skills and experience considered a plus, but not required:
* Experience with Maxon Cinema4D
* Audio recording, mixing, and sound design
* Best practices for social media delivery of video products
* Ability to travel outside of the Washington DC area
* Section 508 compliant graphics, open and closed captioning
* Shooting and editing video productions
* Experience working with high level executives
* Graphic design layout
* Still photography
Come as you are! Zapala creed is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are based on business needs and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Zapala creed is a progressive and open-minded company that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.