Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: This position cannot sit in Colorado.
As a Virtualization Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects in multiple different capacities, including but not limited to engineering, maintaining, automating, and documenting the company’s virtualization, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), storage, and software defined datacenter solutions. This position will collaborate closely with virtualization, storage, server operating system (Linux & Windows), DevOps and other information technology (IT) systems engineers in the areas of design and implementation, and will participate in defining and enforcing technical standards, policies and procedures based on best practices and business requirements. In addition, this position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of process and system workflows, as well as IT architectural diagrams & documentation.
Your specific job duties will include:
1. Play a key role in the design, development and maintenance of infrastructure virtualization and automation systems, processes, and projects.
2. Identify departmental needs, make suggestions, and contribute to roadmaps regarding technical direction, future upgrades and technologies, and identify automation opportunities when appropriate.
3. Ensure the security, stability, and efficiency of tooling and processes supporting virtualization, IaaS, and hybrid cloud solutions, including the integration of on-premise and public cloud infrastructure.
4. Create and manage automation to deliver computer systems for the organization, including but not limited to hypervisors, virtual servers, containers, and multi-system clusters/platforms.
5. Design, develop, test, deploy, and document standards, conventions, templates, workflows, and automation that adheres to industry best practices and compliance requirements, while supporting a wide variety of business and technical use cases in a heterogeneous multi-platform technology environment.
6. Author effective and appropriate documentation as needed for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences and consumers. Required documentation may include regular status reports, standard operating procedures (SOP), product recommendations to management, solution/process design diagrams, knowledgebase articles, presentations, and how-to instructions for support staff and end users.
7. Effectively analyze and balance business requirements, technical considerations, and users' needs when responding to requests and developing solutions.
8. Effectively collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines, departments, and knowledge levels.
9. In all activities, ensure compliance with HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
10. Demonstrate Company’s Core Competencies and the values held within.
11. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.