Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a VP, Digital Deposits Delivery at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to be a strategic partner to PenFed’s Consumer Deposits Banking business, ensure technology architecture supports business agility while fully leveraging enterprise architecture and guiding digital initiatives. This position will play a significant and influential role in PenFed’s Digital Transformation. The incumbent will work closely with business product leaders and marketing/User Design leaders to ensure business priorities are realized in a streamlined and optimal manner. Developing and maintaining strong relationship across the business, IT, Compliance, Legal and our third-party partners are critical to the success of the team
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Evolve and implement Digital Deposit Strategy to support business growth plans.
- Optimize member experience journeys in direct collaboration with Deposit Line of Business leaders and marketing/design leaders to provide best in class experience to members.
- Must have great negotiation skills to collaborate with Deposit product owners and design owners in order to maximize reuse and roll out deposit digital features sooner to members
- Successfully influence and execute highly visible, innovative and complex Consumer banking deposit programs.
- Ensure Salesforce and Mule platform strategies are fully leveraged and integrated with enterprise architecture to enable rapid time to market of technology solutions in meeting business goals
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Information security teams to ensure platforms are designed keeping “security by design” principle in mind.
- Influence EACOE to establish and refine engineering standards, policies, procedures and documentation, reference architecture and design patterns associated with the digital program.
- Develop professional roadmaps for employees that foster leadership development and technical skills required to support PenFed’s strategic objectives.
- Support division and corporate risk management objectives through proper review of project plans, change requests, operations procedures, and business continuity plans per established corporate and IT policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Finance and Enterprise PMO for budget planning, execution and tracking
- Embody PenFed core values in establishing a culture of respect, service, collaboration, innovation and integrity.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, finance or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in engineering, finance or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of direct experience in financial services deposits technologies.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of direct experience leading consumer banking deposit technology projects on core banking platforms and out of which minimum of five (5) years as director or above.
- Background in Hogan core banking deposit systems is desirable.
- Familiar with Deposit account functions and regulatory compliance for Online Banking and Online Account Opening ,wire transfer, proof and transit, ACH (RDFI and ODFI) and ATM administration.
- Experience leading and sound knowledge of Sales Force, Restful APIs, Micro-services, MuleSoft development initiatives.
- Experience with Adobe Campaign management, UI/UX frameworks, Data Management desirable.
- Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- This position will directly supervise employees and is a Manager of Managers.
- This position will also have matrix management supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921 OR 531-444-8329.