At Cano Health, our culture is a "family of families", growing stronger together to improve the lives of our patients, communities, and our associates. A culture that succeeds because of the hearts and minds of our people. Our values and guiding principles transform our lives with purpose and passion, becoming one focused source of hopeful change. A leadership culture that cultivates and empowers our people to gain ownership for their contributions and success. The Cano Movement is proof of what everyday people with a passion for health care can accomplish together.
Join the Cano Movement! The movement that doesn't just offer a job, it offers an opportunity to serve and grow with purpose. At Cano you will be part of a collaborative team, dedicated to the pursuit of health & wellness excellence.
Cano Health offers competitive salaries, medical, dental & vision insurance, employee mental health program, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and much more.
The Wellness Coordinator typically welcomes members and/or visitors and works to ensure that they have a safe and enjoyable experience. The Wellness Program Coordinator facilitates health, wellness and recreational programs for a Senior Population (65+ years). Develop, implement and deliver daily wellness activities that take place at the Wellness Center, to include music and dancing, nutritional and educational courses, and fitness center activities.
• Plan, and lead activities and programs that enrich the lives of Cano Health patients.
• Create structured curriculums designed to engage Cano Health patients in health, wellness and social activities.
• Greet and interact with members and/or visitors as they enter and exit the wellness center.
• Maintain a calendar of activities and events that are designed to provide Cano patients with a positive, fun-filled and engaging experience.
• Keep accurate attendance in eCW for all patient, following the workflow as required.
• Educate and enforce fitness center rules and regulations
• Ensure each patient signs the fitness center waiver, if applicable.
• Perform set-up and clean-up responsibilities for each activity, including equipment used.
• Develop and maintain relationships with local senior centers and health plans to establish an active network of resources.
• Notify manager and facilities department of any incidents or repairs needed.
• Complete accident/incident reports and submit to manager within 24 hours of the incident.
• Communicate hours of operation and promote class participation to patients.
• Provide patients with information regarding benefits and activities of Wellness Center.
• Arrange for transportation for patients attending the Wellness Center as needed.
• Ensure necessary inventory of items needed at the Wellness Center is kept.
• Follow departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
• Follow all company policies and procedures, ensuring uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• High school diploma or GED minimum.
• One to three years' experience in recreation, physical fitness facility, country club or customer service industry.
• First-aid training and CPR/AED certification required. Due to the physical nature of the position, the ability to set up large equipment (i.e. Spin bikes etc.) and lift at least 35 pounds.
• Experience with activity or events planning is a plus
Cano Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.