Position: Wire Harness Installation Designer
Length: 6+ month contract
Location: San Antonio, Texas
**Candidates interested: please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]**
Wire Harness Installation Design is a unique opportunity to use both electrical and mechanical skills. This position also allows the possibility to see your released engineering be installed while supporting the build during shipside support.
Job duties during the design phase include:
- Analyzing functional schematics and wire diagrams to understand system design.
- Leads, develops, and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs.
- Performs design reviews to validate spatial integration and requirements verification.
- Develops and maintains electrical product details, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry).
- During the build phase, provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Develops basic statements of work.
- Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Develops, maintains and releases electrical/mechanical drawings, systems designs or engineering documentation and data by applying company, industry and governmental standards.
- Using design tools prepares documentation and incorporates design changes.
- Creates, develops and maintains systems designs by preparing design layouts, modifying existing designs and assisting in identifying design discrepancies.
- Supports engineering system design and functionality validation activities.
- Develops and maintains product installation designs and part designs ranging from simple to moderately complex.
- Coordinates activities and products with internal partners and external suppliers.
- Works under minimal direction.
Education / Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178