Educate and Model healthy relationships between family and community members, ensure security of the facility, be aware of residents on campus, ensure community guidelines are followed and appropriately respond to any crisis interventions during shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop effective, trusting relationships with mothers and their children by utilizing a trauma informed care and strength-based approach. Model positive interactions, verbal guidance, and parenting techniques.
- Ensure cleanliness of facility via daily walk thru, checking client chores, conducting room inspections
- Monitor observance of curfew, document if curfew is missed
- Ensure residents sign in and out of facility
- Provide crisis intervention, support and guidance, and medication services to residents.
- Have visitors sign in and out on visitor's log, and obtain copy of their identification for client file
- Monitor the security cameras to ensure there are no unauthorized individuals on the premises
- Assist program staff with the facilitation of social events, life-skills classes and home management.
- Documentation of clear and precise shift notes, incident reports and critical incident reports.
- Facilitate transportation when needed to clients for appointments, shopping, emergencies or other situations as approved by Case Managers. After hours fill out cab vouchers when residents are transported.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service, in everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran or client first to support our mission to 'Empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.'