About the role
The Work Order Administrator is responsible for receiving service request phone calls from current residents and then creating and distributing work orders for the maintenance team accurately and in a timely fashion to ensure prompt response.
What you'll be doing
- Accepts phone call requests from residents and listens to their maintenance request(s) to assess the priority and category of the service request.
- Enters all service requests into the Yardi database to ensure accurate tracking as they are called in by the resident and schedule the work order
- Assigns service requests to Maintenance Technicians according to the Maintenance Technicians skills and abilities. Ensures all MT workdays are loaded with a full days work.
- Monitor the workday of each Maintenance Technician to ensure they are completing service requests assigned to them per their scheduled AM and PM time frames.
- Liaise with the Facility Manager or Maintenance Supervisor if a Maintenance Technician fails to complete their schedule work orders.
- Monitors supplies required for all open service requests and will contact the resident when the part arrives to schedule a date and time to have the Maintenance Technician complete the repair.
- Review and schedule Web entered Work Orders from the resident portal.
- Reviews all Tech Completed work orders for proper accounting of labor, materials, photographs and resident signatures as applicable,
- Review all work orders accurately reflect the policies for Work Order Management.
- Manage the quality assurance review of the work orders to ensure they have been completed correctly in Yardi.
- Assists the Facility Manager or Maintenance Supervisor with scheduling vendor assigned work in occupied or vacant homes.
- Performs other duties as assigned for Work Order Management
Typical Physical Demands: Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs.
Who we're looking for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required plus one year of administration experience. Relevant industry experience preferred.
- Technology / data entry (Outlook, Excel and Word in particular. Existing Yardi knowledge is a bonus.)
- The ability to communicate clearly with residents and team members.
- The ability to work well with fellow employees in a team environment.
- The ability to plan and organize.
- Possession of a valid state issued Drivers License and safe driving record are required.
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.