Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Workforce Technology, Technician I at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to ensure that PenFed IT customers receive exceptional service and technical support and those PenFed endpoint devices are properly configured, deployed and maintained.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent service while fulfilling IT customer requests or resolving IT customer problems.
- Serve as an escalation point for the IT Service Desk for advanced technical requests/incidents not resolvable on first contact.
- Respond to requests for technical support in a timely, professional manner and facilitate immediate resolution when possible.
- Provision, deploy and manage IT infrastructure devices used by the workforce. These include but are not limited to laptops, desktops, MFPs, and mobile devices.
- Provide subject matter expertise for assigned topics and technology, and support knowledge transfer.
- Accurately update the company’s asset management system.
- Provide one-on-one and group training for peers and customers. This would include IT Onboarding, trainings on new technologies, hardware/software and process changes.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and training materials related to system administration and operations. Provide technical support and assist IT customers in the use of hardware and software.
- Resolve routine hardware and software problems using diagnostic tools to troubleshoot equipment, network, or application errors; engage senior staff for more complex problems.
- Image and configure workstations in accordance with PenFed procedures.
- Periodically provide technical support to board members and corporate officials for PenFed provided hardware devices and software.
- Provide hands on support to other departments during implementations and problem resolution.
- Provide timely and accurate updates to PenFed's incident, request and problem management system.
- Requires ability to work “off hours” to implement solutions in order to limit impact/exposure to customers and being ‘on-call” as assigned.
- Continuous skills enhancement in a dynamic technical environment is required.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duty.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in IT Customer Service/Support is preferred.
- Proficient with Windows OSand MacOS, Microsoft Office Suite products, and Macintosh applications.
- Proficient with personal computer hardware, including laptops, desktops, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, and devices.
- Experience with providing support for remotely connected customers and the associated technologies (e.g. Cisco VPN, Dual Factor Authentication etc.) is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN switches.
Licenses and Certifications
CompTIA A+, ITIL Foundations V3, and HDI CSR certifications are preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.