Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role serves as the senior- level liaison between Optum and key clients, typically at the Director or Vice President level. Responsible for coordinating the activities of multiple internal departments to deliver best-in-class service to our clients. Quarterbacks the account facing team responsible for developing client specific trend management strategies. Strategic relationship manager responsible for client revenue retention and growth. This individual may or may not manage a team. This is a high-performing individual with proven leadership skills and a comprehensive understanding of the PBM environment and broader healthcare system.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manages assigned accounts with a focus on client trend management, strategic plan development and execution, cultivating multi-level client relationships and manages staff, maybe direct and indirect
- Manages client contract renewal activities with the primary goals of retaining client, obtaining multiple year agreements and maintaining or improving profitability
- Accountable for understanding the primary business objectives of the client, developing and managing shared goals, and demonstrating program value to the client
- Understands OptumRx product and service offering, and can articulate the operational, clinical and financial value of our programs to the client across multiple stakeholders with the goal of deploying new programs and services
- Maintains consistent and regular client communications
- Prepares and presents regular client performance reviews, including identification of cost drivers, recommendations for cost savings opportunities, utilization and cost reports, and OptumRx industry news
- Prioritizes and conducts regular on-site or telephonic client meetings as appropriate to proactively review client benefits, drug utilization and trend management strategies
- Maintains a complete understanding of client contract terms including but not limited to the monitoring and reporting of performance guarantees. Ensures that all assigned contracts are monitored and reported as stated in the terms
- Documents all client related activities as directed into the approved documents and or application
- Manages and mentors account management team members
- Specific topics may include the creation and delivery of client presentations, upsell techniques, implementation activities and daily client interaction
- Provides staff with feedback at least quarterly on the level of accomplishment of personal and departmental goals
- Establishes multiple corporate relationships and participates in client sponsored events/charities as appropriate. Cultivates in-group growth through these relationships
- Stays abreast of industry trends and developments and demonstrates strong communication skills in presenting these to clients and staff. Demonstrates expertise in pharmacy benefit strategies and OptumRx Rx clinical programs
- Provides leadership to client services team members in departmental and corporate initiatives
- Provides regular feedback to management team regarding client metrics, client requirements and business development opportunities
- Participates in sales preparation meetings and finalist sales presentations as necessary
- Responsible for ensuring client satisfaction
- Provides support to other departments as requested
- Exhibits compliant and ethical behavior in the performance of job responsibilities, including complying with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, Code of Conduct, Business Ethics Policies and Procedures and other policies and procedures applicable to position
- Actively participates in Compliance and Ethics Program, including attending annual compliance and ethics training and reporting suspected violations of the law or OptumRx’s policies and procedures via OptumRx’s Procedures for Reporting Incidents of Possible Improper Employment Practices, Misconduct, or Improper Financial/Accounting Practices
- Follows all policies and procedures relating to job responsibilities and participates in the development and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures for Account Management, as appropriate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experiece in PBM client account management
- 3+ years of experience with client contract compliance, negotiation and upsell
- Experience with PBM client implementation(s)
- Experience presenting to senior level client leadership
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Willing to work Central Standard Time (CST) hours to support client
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Familarity with RxClaim; Tracker and Navigator
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism both with internal and external clients
- Project Management Experience/Certification
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry
- Solid oral and written communication
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and meets deadlines
- Ability to work in self-motivated environment with limited supervision
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Account Executive, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Remote