Accountant for Non-ProfitWhy take an Accountant Position with this Organization?
CFS has partnered with a global system of non-profit organizations that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of at-risk populations. This organization partners with government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and community leaders to develop programs and service models that combat challenges in health and human services. With this organization, you will see how the work that you are doing as a Grant Accountant directly impacts the lives of children and adults in our area and beyond. With a tenured team, we are really searching for the right fit. The perfect candidate will have a passion for mission-driven work and will be excited to be an integral part of the mission of this organization.Why Take This Opportunity?
Paid Medical Benefits for Employee
2 weeks paid vacation
2 weeks sick time (option to bank)
Strong, tenured teamResponsibilities for Accountant:
- Prepare or review accruals and adjusting entries for month-end closing; reconciles and corrects financial discrepancies and ensures prompt and accurate month-end closing.
- Heavy bank reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain reconciliations for fixed asset accounts, prepaid business insurance, deferred income and bank accounts in accordance with internal controls and procedures
- Prepare or approve cost allocation schedules to distribute shared costs.
- Balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in maintaining General Ledger.
- Review and process requested adjustments to contract expenses, ensuring proper approval.
- Assists in year-end and government entity audits.
- 4+ years of recent accounting experience with a large company
- BA preferred
- Strong excel
- Large bank reconciliation experience