Accountant for Engineering Firm
Our client is a thriving engineering firm looking to add an Accountant to their team! This is a AWESOME place to work. Great company culture and team engagement! This company believes in having a 'work-family', while ensuring a positive work environment! The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Controller and will work with other members of the Accounting Department to compile, analyze, and report financial data.
Why Take This Accountant Position?
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Mission driven & family oriented
- Annual fun team engagement events
- Half days on Fridays!
- Friendly team dedicated to training
- Longevity in the company
- Great group of professionals
- Professional and beautiful office with a casual feel
Responsibilities for Accountant:
- Deposit and post daily cash receipts and credit card payments to ensure up-to-date accounts receivable information.
- Coordinate billing schedule for project managers and prepare monthly invoices for client work.
- Prepare annual insurance renewal applications as required.
- Perform on-line bank deposits, transfers and ACH transactions.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and perform collection activities for unpaid invoices.
- Maintain filing system for insurance policies and requested insurance certificates.
- Coordinate invoicing and reconciliation from affiliated company.
- Make journal or general ledger entries.
- Enforce financial controls.
- Stay current on company, local, state, and federal financial regulations and policies.
- Assist with sales tax preparation, financial audits, and identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Familiar with accounting related software and Microsoft Excel.
- Work independently and as a team to meet deadlines.
- Appropriately handle confidential information.
- Handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.