Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Bonus Pay Opportunities
- Mental Health coverage
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Administrative Assistant Position Overview
Galen College of Nursing is looking for an Administrative Assistant to perform highly diversified administrative duties in support of Galen's executives and administration. Program and project administration is required.
- Assists in a variety of complex administrative duties involving contact and exposure to proprietary information. Utilizes independent judgement, determining when to act for management and when to refer problems for personal attention.
- Prepares and modifies routine/non-routine and internal/external correspondence, memos, documents, reports, meeting notices, and presentations in appropriate formats using word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, and/or publishing software. This requires knowledge of methods, procedures, policies, and the organization. This material may require familiarity with commonly used business and technical expressions used by assigned functions. Maintains library of prepared materials.
- Provides accurate record and file maintenance. Filing systems include electronic and hard copy filing systems. Ensures filing is in proper format and filed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments, manages assigned calendars, and responds to requests for time and rescheduling when necessary. This includes coordination of on-campus student events and social activities.
- Makes preparations for meetings as assigned, including preparing agendas and supplemental documents, scheduling the conference space required, documenting meeting minutes, and facilitating refreshments.
- Makes appropriate travel reservations and prepares expense reports following College policy, as needed.
- Screens incoming mail and faxes, categorizing and prioritizing response as needed. Prepares responses for signature, summarizes lengthy correspondence, and follows up to ensure that proper and timely action is taken.
- Orders, prepares, and organizes equipment and supplies, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: An earned high school diploma or GED with appropriate technical knowledge or equivalent experience.
Special Qualifications: Must possess intermediate computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). CampusVue experience is a plus. Able to effectively prioritize workload; and demonstrate effective communication skills.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment: Physical demands in classroom and office are minimal and considered sedentary work with occasional lifting and/or carrying such articles as records, files, and books (10 pounds maximum). Operation of standard office equipment such as phone, computer, classroom projector, Scantron, and printer/scanner, occurs on a frequent basis. Physical demands may include lifting, pulling, pushing, kneeling, stooping, crouching and bending or any other related activity.
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master's degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Founded 30 years ago, Galen College of Nursing is one of the largest private nursing schools in the United States. With a focus solely on nursing education and a mission to expand access to nursing education, the College offers master’s, baccalaureate and associate degree education and practical/vocational nursing (PN/VN) programs to over 6,000 students on its campuses in Louisville, Ky., Hazard, Ky., San Antonio, Tx., Tampa Bay, Fla., Cincinnati, Oh., and Online. Galen is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. For more information about Galen College of Nursing, visit galencollege.edu.