Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
rovides a wide variety of clerical support to the DataRAP® departments and/or managers. Serves as a liaison for all internal and external inquiries related to the assigned department. The Team Associate will effectively support the successful implementation and execution of DataRAP® programs and processes. Team Associate will provide support to the nursing staff, coding analysts, and managers to ensure applicable program processes and operational responsibilities are met; to include DataRAP® processes with internal and external departments to ensure optimal customer service.
- Receives and responds to incoming inquiries from all communication venues: (e.g. DataRAP® Hotline, DataRAP® QRA mailbox, Splitter application / DataRAP® Medical Record fax, and etc.)
- Assistance in annual scanning and chart review process
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
- Maintaining the provider administration tool and member reconciliation tool
- Data entry from datamining spreadsheets
- Daily reporting for all aspects of DataRAP® department
- User acceptance testing for multiple applications related to DataRAP® processes
- Provides excellent customer service by serving as a resource to all internal and external customers
- Attends required meetings and participates in special committees as needed
- Providing clerical support to the DataRAP® Clinical Coding Nurses, Medical Coding Analyst and to the providers participating in the DataRAP® process
- Compiling and maintaining data used by the managers to make clinical team assignments
- Administrative aspects of IRR process and maintain confidentiality
- Reconciling vendor invoicing
- Performs all other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of administrative support experience, or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience managing multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Medical Assistant training or certification
- Experience in a physician’s clinic or hospital preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 CM guidelines and coding.
- Experience working in a medical care setting as a receptionist or medical assistant
- Experience in processing invoicing
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision and direction from manager
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills, customer service skills, and verbal and written communication skills to include but not limited to patients, physicians, clinical staff, contracted providers and managers
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Administrative Assistant, Admin, San Antonio, TX