Who We Are:
As a recognized leader in space science research and spacecraft instrumentation, avionics, and electronics, we are helping to reveal the secrets of our solar system and the universe.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide administrative assistance with configuration management and record keeping activities in the Document Control facility for space-flight equipment design, fabrication and test documentation.
- ManaGE the large number of project documents including plans, design drawings, procedures, and records is critical to the success of the space missions that we are contracted to support.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Support the documentation needs of Project Managers, Engineers and Technicians through a web-based computer application, emails, phone calls, and in-person communications.
- Filing, copying/scanning, computer file management, and use of a custom computer application for storing document attributes, distributing and issuing documents, verifying/storing records.
- Distributing and issuing documents; document printing, folding and stamping, or adding electronic stamps to files and electronically distributing.
- Reviewing/editing technical documents, ensuring use of standard formats, managing revision levels and change control processes, and securing approvals. Running/reviewing computer generated reports related to document status.
- Web-based training and On-the-job training will be provided.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Business Related courses are helpful
- 6 years: Experience using computer tools such as Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience in an office environment answering phones, organizing files, copying/scanning documents, and effectively communicating with peers
- Experience reviewing and editing documents for document organization/structure and grammar
- Experience saving/uploading/downloading documents
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Space Science & Engineering home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace