Who We Are:
Our group is responsible for processing the bi-weekly payroll. This entails processing timesheets, employee setups and separations, leave processing, and corresponding tax payments and returns.
Objectives of this Role:
- Administrative support for the Payroll Section.
- Develop an understanding of Payroll processes and procedures.
- Assist employees and other departments with payroll and timekeeping inquiries.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Conduct the payroll portion of the new-hire orientation.
- Process Employee election changes for retirement/direct deposit/W-4 forms, returned ACH payroll deposits, employee updates to include name changes, separating employees, and deductions.
- Process and balance labor transfers, timekeeping security and Service Contract Act updates.
- Perform employment and wage verifications, submit new hire reporting and process wage garnishments.
- Work with Human Resources department on FMLA and LTD processing.
- Answer telephone inquiries to resolve sensitive payroll related matters.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- 6 years: Payroll or general accounting clerical office experience
- Knowledge of 10-key and data entry experience
- Competency in PC based Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exercise good judgement in dealing with sensitive payroll data
- Must be detail oriented and have good verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to maintain a positive attitude in a deadline oriented work environment and have good interpersonal skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace