We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning.
Primrose School of Bulverde Road is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational childcare experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Paid training and ongoing professional development
- Fully stocked resource room
- Low Student/Teacher Ratios
- Opportunity for advancement
- Closed nights, weekends and major holidays
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of/at (school name) and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of/at (school name) Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must be able to work until 6:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.