Under general direction, is responsible for supervising the efficient operation of a sales or marketing division through the continuous identification and development of detailed departmental marketing programs. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment.
Exercises functional supervision over assigned staff.
100 Montana Street San Antonio, TX 78203
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Monday - Friday
Work hours may vary requiring some event extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Essential Job Functions
* Manages leads and motivates assigned staff.
* Identification and development of current/emerging trends to drive sales and/or marketing goals and disparities within the department.
* Identifies target audiences to develop appropriate marketing and/or sales efforts.
* Manages budget and resources, analyzing results, marketing and/or sales strategies.
* Reviews, evaluates and designs long range departmental marketing and/or sales efforts.
* Manages in conjunction with the Information Technology Department staff, resources in communication and business information, covering publication, print, video and website.
* Designs advertising programs.
* Designs programs to influence increased attention to the assigned market area.
* Emphases on sales initiatives to sell more tickets to Alamodome events
* Broaden sales initiatives with industry resources
* Raise the awareness of Alamodome successes through tracking data and working with the Alamodome Sales & Marketing Administrator and the CSF department Communications Manager (Richard Oliver)
* Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
* Five (5) years of experience in the areas of marketing, management, association management, hotel management or tourism.
* If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
* Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
* Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
* Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
* Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated softwareprograms to include Microsoft Office and Power Point.
* Ability to identify and create a database for local, regional and national media entities.
* Experience with individual event and annual media buying, including promotional recaps for clients to include clients and venue sponsors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of principles and practices of marketing, promotions, public and media relations.
* Knowledge of administrative aspects of sales and/or marketing.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of visitor advertising and promotion.
* Knowledge of local attractions.
* Knowledge of supervisory and managerial procedures, techniques and methods.
* Knowledge of advertising terminology, procedures, practices and methods.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
* Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office equipment.
* Ability to negotiate and administer contractual agreements.
* Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and diplomacy.
* Ability to formulate new techniques and strategies for more efficient operation.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
* Ability to make public speaking appearances.
* Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, management and the general public.