AP Staff Accountant - contract to hire- $27/hr.
Location: San Antonio, TX
Length: 3 month contract to hire
- Accounting close consisting of various journal entries, invoice processing, reconciliations, and reporting.
- Research and clearing efforts related to SAP GRIR account and SAP AP Sub-ledger.
- Escheats uncashed checks in accordance with state guidelines.
- Coordinates testing and automation of systems. Develops test cases and documents results.
- Files IRS Tax forms for annual 1099 reporting process and prepares 1099.
- Facilitates payments between related companies and works with various departments to ensure intercompany transactions are balanced at month-end.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
- Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts.
- Identifies costs and efficiency gaps and recommends ways to reduce costs or improve processes and standards.
- May provide Accounts Payable accounting advice to leadership to assist them in managing their financial responsibilities.
- May document, update, and maintain internal procedures or work on special projects.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced accountants. May train or review the work of others.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements and reports, and ledgers and journals
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in using in major accounting or related systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review and analyze complex accounting information
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex accounting issues
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and promote teamwork
- Ability to effectively interact with management
Education & Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Minimum 4 years accounting/finance experience
- 3 years of Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Experience in process improvement initiatives preferred.
- SAP experience.
- Industry experience strongly preferred.