This Management position will serve as Community Manager of a single “home base” site (or several smaller sites) and also has direct reports consisting of other Community Managers and/or Asst. Community Managers in the area. The Area Manager typically oversees 1-5 additional properties, depending on size.
**This position will be based in San Antonio, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all site personnel of assigned communities. Area Manager should interview and give final recommendation for the hiring of all site personnel of assigned communities.
- Provide mentoring to Community Managers of assigned communities.
- Responsible for direction and coordination with the Accounting Department, the delivery of accurate and timely monthly property financial statements to both the Regional Manager for final review and to the clients.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and delivery of annual budgets for all assigned communities to Regional Manager for review.
- Responsible for setting and enforcing spending controls for all assigned communities and reviewing all variance explanations.
- Assist in the coordination of all capital improvement programs for assigned communities.
- Direct all marketing and advertising for assigned communities maximizing rental income and increasing occupancy rates.
- Work with Community Managers and staff to respond to resident issues.
- Ensure that all required reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge on all assigned communities and of competition in the assigned area.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist, when requested, in the acquisition of new accounts.
- Perform bi-monthly inspections for properties that are under his/her direction. Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to understand all aspects of the financial responsibilities of budgeting, reporting, and expense control.
- Onesite experience preferred.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability Plans
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Apartment Discounts
• 401k Plan
• Paid holidays
• Paid Time off
Background Screening and Drug Test Required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)