If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Finance Associate Director is responsible for various financial functions including business analytics, annual planning and quarterly forecasting, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of business performance.
- Generating annual financial plans and quarterly forecasts for direct operating costs for Medicaid plans
- Workforce and FTE analysis on a quarterly forecast and monthly basis. Workforce productivity reviews and developing annual / quarterly FTE plans / forecasts
- Monthly analysis of operating expense results, identifying trends, variances and potential opportunities and/or concerns at the Medicaid market level
- Providing finance support around existing markets and analysis and inclusion of new business opportunities
- Partner with market and regional leaders to understand and control operating expenses
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and ad hoc requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in business Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Solid analytic background, attention to details
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enterprise financial systems such as PeopleSoft / Oracle
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director Finance, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota