If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Pricing is an individual contributor role who will be heavily involved in data analytics and pricing, as well as interact with our operations, product, solution design, and sales teams. Ideal candidates for this highly visible role will have a background in pricing and financial analysis, and also be advanced users of MS Excel.
If you are located in Minnesota, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Robust modeling of proposed solution, options and value proposition to prospective customers; end-to-end ownership of detailed financial model, including financial due diligence to validate assumptions, identify opportunities, and quantify risks
- Financial leadership for development of a proposal structure that meets both internal and external requirements. Effectively partnering and negotiating with cross-functional teams that may include Sales, Product, Operations, Legal and segment leadership
- Presenting deal economics, risks, mitigation strategies, and recommendations clearly and concisely to Optum and UHG senior management
- Financial support in client negotiations to effectively respond with win-win scenarios that maximize financial benefit and mitigate both operational and financial risk
- Benchmark value proposition, rate competitiveness and cost structure against key external competitors
- Broader support for other operational and strategic initiatives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of strategic and financial analysis experience with significant financial modeling (Excel) and analytic experience, including business development / M&A work
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic working environment with many near and long-term deliverables
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
- Proven ability to excel in a matrixed organization and lead through informal leadership
- Strong written and oral communication skills required; must be able to interact with all levels within an organization
- Ability to use proper discretion when dealing with confidential information exhibiting a high level of integrity
- Ability to manage and synthesize large amounts of data
- Proficiency using PowerPoint to concisely communicate ideas
- Revenue, margin and profitability analyses including contract/customer profitability
- Ability to travel (10-15%)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Candidates with healthcare industry experience
- Assertive, self-starting personality with an ability to deal with ambiguity
- MBA Degree
- Experience with Outsourcing and ARC/RRC Pricing Methodologies
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.