UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealthcare, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re dispensing with tradition. Join us as we take on the challenge of reinventing the health system. As a Clinical Pharmacist, and you’ll play an important role in enhancing clinical pharmacy programs such as and related to health outcomes, disease state management, care management and other specialty programs and the role of the ACO in pharmacy management for our members. You will be an integral part of UCS’s Population Health Management team, supporting the UHC Accountable Care Organizations with national value-based care programming. You will have the opportunity to leverage powerful data and analytics to identify and intervene on pharmacy opportunities that impact the total cost of care and improve quality metrics at the ACO level as well as regionally and nationally. You will develop and implement disease management programs for patients with uncontrolled hypertension, diabetes, heart failure, or other conditions where therapy optimization, medication adherence, and patient education will improve clinical outcomes.
In this unique role, you will also participate in clinical leadership workgroups and strategy initiatives with a variety of different teams. Broad-based comprehensive knowledge related to pharmacy trends, population health programming and project improvement is critical to success in this role. You’ll need to be comfortable creating clinical models of care and supporting business plans and working in a highly matrixed environment for successful program delivery.
It’s an exceptional opportunity to join a team with a focus on clinical and business collaboration. Join us today and start helping making a difference in the lives of millions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with CMOs and other clinical leaders to identify and develop Pharmacy related population health programs to improve formulary compliance, medication adherence, reduce excess and inappropriate prescribing and promote value-based pharmacy programming with our ACO partners
- Perform analytics to identify and evaluate opportunities for cost savings and quality improvement and develop clinical programming that can assist our ACOs in improved pharmacy management, including but not limited to new reports, provider and patient education material, partnerships with specialty pharmacies and infusion sites, etc.
- Create, implement and manage clinical programming with appropriate metrics to document success
- Document clinical interventions and evaluate impact on outcomes and savings
- Act as the resource for medication and pharmacy benefit information for the ACO internal
- Present ACO Specific pharmacy related data, clinical findings and literature to internal teams and external providers
- Educate field-based team on clinical guidelines and formulary updates, and act as a knowledge resource for physicians and other healthcare providers with respect to medications, their management and side effects
- Provide responses to drug information and drug report requests
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
Broad-based and comprehensive knowledge is critical to success in this role. You’ll need to be comfortable working with executive leaders and stakeholders across UHC and OptumRx.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Current and unrestricted pharmacist licensure
- 3+ years of experience in a PBM or Managed Care plan
- 3+ years of experience in patient care and working directly with clinicians or physician practices
- 2+ years of experience in Population Health, Care or Disease Management programming
- Experience conducting research and analysis
- Solid clinical and analytic background
- Good Business Acumen
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist or equivalent expertise
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist or equivalent expertise
- MBA, MPH or equivalent experience
- Clinical practice residencey or managed care residencey
- Demonstrated disciplined decision-making skills
- Demonstrated high quality execution of complicated and cross discipline programs
- High emotional intelligence and relationship building skills are a must
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Clinical, Clinical Programs, Research, PharmD, Drug Information, PBM, Managed Care, Population Health, Value Based Care, Accountable Care, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, OptumRx, Healthcare, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home