UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Finance Director is responsible for various financial functions including business analytics, annual planning and quarterly forecasting, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of company financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of the company's business performance.
Positions in this function generate forecasts and analyze trends in sales, SG&A, provider performance, product line profitability, membership, medical costs, premium yields, and other areas of business. Researches economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning. Presents findings and recommendations to management. May include responsibility for budget planning and analysis.
The person in this position will have broad responsibilities, including:
- Generating annual financial plans and quarterly forecasts for the UHC E&I Operations line of business
- Membership analysis and impact on SG&A trend
- Monthly analysis of SG&A expense results, identifying trends, variances and potential performance opportunities and/or concerns
- Providing finance support around existing contract reviews and new business opportunities
- Partner with Field-based leaders to provide business finance support and to understand and control operating expenses
- Partner with Workforce Planning teams to review and develop annual / quarterly FTE plans/forecasts
- Lead development of business/financial case for specific initiatives or capital investments
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and evaluate new business opportunities
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors
- Impact of work is most often at the local level
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor degree in business Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enterprise financial systems such as PeopleSoft/Oracle
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Solid analytic background, attention to details
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to build Relationships with key stakeholders across UHG
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.