Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Associate Healthcare Economics Director in the OptumHealth Healthcare Economics Product Analytics organization, you will help lead data-driven studies to tell the story of how Optum Complex Condition products are making a difference. Your role will include developing study methods, analyzing complex data with statistical and visual techniques, building predictive models, and interpreting and presenting findings. You’ll work closely with business leaders and other researchers to develop innovative analytic solutions to help Optum fulfill its mission.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Join a team of health economists and data analysts to measure performance and drive enhancements of complex condition programs
- Develop and apply statistical methods to evaluate program performance
- Identify and deploy appropriate analytics techniques to solve complex business problems and overcome measurement challenges
- Build statistical and machine learning models to model outcomes and improve program performance
- Perform analytic dataset creation and statistical modeling, and summarize results
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business needs, explain methods, and interpret findings
- Manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet non-negotiable deadlines
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's Degree or higher in Statistics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Social Sciences or related field
- 5+ years of experience in health care analytics and working with large claims data sets
- Experience/proficiency with statistical techniques such as logistic regression, predictive models, multivariate analysis, and linear models
- Advanced proficiency with SAS programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Healthcare Economics Director, Oncology Product Analytics, healthcare economics, medical claims data, aggregate data, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote