Description: We are currently seeking a Associate Legal Closer
- Negotiation and drafting of Non-Disclosure Agreements for brokers and clients.
- Post-closing repurchase financing process including coordination of delivery of all due diligence materials to the repurchase lender and their corresponding outside counsel, as well as obtaining custodial receipts.
- Oversight of the lease review process with the outside vendor, underwriting team and outside counsel employing quality control procedures for review of all major leases.
- Performing of the initial internal review of leases as necessitated.
- Closing day funding process including coordination with internal finance and treasury teams
- Post-closing securitization process including management of delivery of all due diligence to loan sellers’ counsel and issuer team, as well as coordination of payment of third party brokers in connection with securitization.
- Post-closing asset management including harmonization with the Servicing Team.
- Agency B-Piece bidding and closing processes.
- Tracking of payments to outside counsel and circulation of analogous tracking spreadsheet to general counsel’s office.
- Governing of final cloud-based legal and underwriting asset files for all loans.
- Administering of the new vendor on-boarding process including coordination with in-house counsel and vendor management teams.
- Modifying of “Closer” software in connection with loan transaction management.
- Coordinate confirmation of receipt of good faith deposits from clients.
- Aid outside counsel and Head of Commercial Closing with completion of the cash management process on loans including on-boarding and coordination with deposit account and cash management bank.
- Administer insurance review including engagement of third party insurance consultant and coordination with borrower’s insurance broker.
- Oversee the KYC process in conjunction with the underwriting team and outside counsel including assisting clients with properly completing credit certifications for all applicable individuals and entities in the borrowing structure.
- Prepare closing statements in coordination with the underwriting team, borrower, title company and outside counsel including completing internal Excel spreadsheet, calculating reserves, and tracking of all invoices to be paid at closing.
- Synchronize the release of third party reports to brokers and clients in connection with “dead” and closed transactions.
- Development and maintenance of a database with supporting files with the specific regulations and closing requirements for each CPACE program.
- Management of CPACE administrator relationships for each of the programs.
- Coordination with CPACE administrators to ensure timely closing.
- Management of 3rd party (or in house) energy engineer relationships in adherence to appropriate. scope of work for CPACE proceeds and timely production of any required reports.
- As needed, assistance with CPACE program origination process.
- Advanced knowledge of the details of the commercial real estate lending closing process, including intimate involvement with outside counsel, borrowers, loan underwriters and originators to close commercial real estate loans.
- Demonstrated proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, mastery of Microsoft Excel. including the ability to build basic formulas used in commercial real estate lending.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized and self-motivated with the ability to meet multiple time sensitive deadlines.
- Willingness and proven ability to learn new processes and procedures quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to solve problems independently if necessary while keeping key team members. simultaneously updated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
- PACE Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working for a lender, law firm or commercial real estate brokerage firm in a capacity related to the closing process.
- Must be a notary or willing to obtain notary status in New York no later than 3 months after start date.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]