Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
naviHealth is looking to hire an associate software engineer with experience building mission-critical service-oriented applications. This role is a key-contributor to the organization and future technologies. Successful candidates will possess proven experience developing and delivering quality software solutions. Moreover, have a genuine passion and energy to grow within an aggressive and fun environment, using the latest technologies in alignment with the company’s technical vision and strategy.
As an Associate Software Engineer you would work as a part of a dynamic team involved with providing technical support and issue resolution to internal and external customers which may include users of all types and skill levels. Responsibilities may also include security access processing, ID tracking, maintenance of reporting logs, password reset assistance, PC hardware/software inventory checks and stocking of spare parts as well as more advanced troubleshooting and support.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software products (cloud and/or in-house)
- Learn to serve as technical expert on development projects
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and effectively present them to decision makers
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
- Passion for technology and positive impact to the company’s bottom line
- Continued learning will be expected
- This role is Remote Nationwide; must be able to work M-F, 8am-5pm, in Central time zone hours
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline OR High School Diploma/ GED with a Software School Certificate / BootCamp OR 1+ years of equivalent software engineering experience (school projects / coursework will be considered)
- 6+ weeks of experience designing scalable, microservice-based software solutions to solve complex business problems
- 6+ weeks of experience understanding the designing of and independently working on implementation of software components within the larger platform
- 6+ weeks of experience working independently but also collaborating with others; including managing time well and possessing effective communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination may be an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with Microsoft .NET, .NET Core, and C#
- Development experience with RESTful Services
- Experience within a CI/CD environment
- Experience building/delivering performant, scalable, and flexible software solutions
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Apache Kafka, or similar data streaming platforms
- Container based development/deployment experience
- Healthcare experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.