Who We Are:
A part of the Human Resources department, the SwRI Fitness Center is a state-of-the-art facility designed for members to exercise in a welcoming atmosphere. Fitness Center staff are degreed and certified professionals who effectively support SwRI employees achieve their fitness and wellness goals.
Objectives of this Role:
- Assist with the operations of the SwRI Fitness Center, typically between 6am and 3pm, Monday through Friday; may be required to occasionally work various shifts.
- Create a welcoming environment with a focus on designing individualized exercise programs, teaching group exercise classes, assisting with fitness equipment, and promoting wellness initiatives.
- Promote health and wellness for SwRI employees through a variety of fitness-related programs, and support SwRI employees in pursuit of their fitness and wellness goals.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Conduct motivating group exercise classes to accommodate various fitness levels and abilities.
- Develop personalized training plans and re-evaluating as needed to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Assist with employee social/recreational events, and special fitness & wellness projects.
- Promote and develop corporate wellness initiatives that build a sense of community.
- Perform retail store functions, compile statistics and generate reports, and interact with the public and SwRI employees as a representative of the SwRI Fitness Center, Human Resources Department, and SwRI.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education, or related field with related experience
- Preferred certification as a personal trainer and in group exercise
- Shift work required
- 1-6 years: Fitness facility experience, preferably in a corporate setting, including group exercise instruction/class management, one on one training, coaching, and nutritional education
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR
- Experience with fitness/wellness activities and social/recreational event planning
- Retail store experience; experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel; knowledge of social media, specifically Facebook
- Strong organizational skills to support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace