Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst, Consumer Originations Pipeline Analytics (Remote) at one of the following locations: Alexandria, Virginia; San Antonio, Texas; Omaha, Nebraska; or Eugene, Oregon. The primary purpose of this position is to collect, analyze, and derive insights from Consumer Originations data across various platforms (FICO, Salesforce, L360, CRIF, DealerTrack, Telephony, etc.), translating those insights into value-added KPIs, dashboards, and reports. The incumbent writes efficient and optimized queries and builds reports to help decision makers. This role examines the life cycle of Consumer Loan applications and how internal employees interact with applications, what drives member behavior, and how data can support decision making.
*Employee must be able to come into the office when required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Create written reports, presentations, and visuals that effectively summarize findings and support recommendations.
- Work with business leadership to identify potential areas of analysis and strategic direction.
- Develop and maintain reporting for all Consumer Lending Operations KPI’s and volume metrics.
- Assist in daily/weekly/monthly/annual individual and unit performance management reporting as well as scorecard creation.
- Monitor, track and report trends and their impact on business objectives.
- Design, develop and maintain reports, ad-hoc queries, and analytical tools.
- Build new and modify existing database/ data-mart and business intelligence solutions to meet business unit objectives.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and cross-functional teams to provide strategic analysis, insights, reporting and analytics that influence business decision-making.
- Collaborate with business intelligence and data scientists in other divisions / departments within the organization to pursue shared goals and deepen understanding.
- Collaborate with leadership team, business analysts and cross-functional teams to gather additional data requirements, as necessary.
- Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we maintain, foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility, advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- Ask appropriate questions, understand the business needs of cross-functional stakeholders, ideate, and make recommendations for appropriate reports and analyses.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Data Science. Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Advanced SQL skills required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a data warehouse environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Tableau and Excel.
- Experience with data integration and ETL tools preferred.
- Experience using Python or other analytics languages preferred.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse and business intelligence associated tools are preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to manage many initiatives simultaneously while providing progressive delivery.
- Effectively interact and communicate with varying levels of leadership across a broad network of resources.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.