Interface Security Systems is seeking an experienced CAD Designer (Fire System Designer) to join our innovative Center of Excellence team in Earth City, Missouri.
CAD Designer Summary:
The Fire Alarm Systems Designer has specific expertise in the design and CAD/CAM layout of fire alarm systems for complex and large facilities in various states and jurisdictions. Each product is designed and engineered to meet specific customer needs. Work will also include the layout of access control systems.
CAD Designer Responsibilities:
- Communicate technical concepts to sales reps, operations team, and customers.
- Design and layout of Fire Alarm systems in AutoCAD R-2020 per code requirements.
- The layout of Access Control systems in AutoCAD R-2020 per code requirements.
- Build equipment submittals in Adobe Acrobat.
- Comply with all policies outlined in the Interface Employee Handbook and Employee Safety Manual.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with Fire Alarms systems layout per NFPA 72 & 101.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2019/2020.
- Required, NICET II certification. NICET III & IV preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience, Access Control, and Fire Alarm systems.
- Preferred experience, Video, and Intrusion systems.
- Preferred experience, EST, Farenhyt / Silent Knight, Honeywell, DMP, & Fire-Lite.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of required codes.
- Ability and willingness to engage with local AHJ's to discuss local code requirements.
- Self-starter without need for oversight.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities with strict deadlines.
- Accepts responsibility for design.
- Ability to analyze, identify, and follow up to resolve discrepancies.
Office setting. Sitting or standing at a workstation with a computer keyboard, multiple monitors, and desk phone. The company dress code is business casual.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This position is required to work at the company's home office during the company's general business hours of 8 am-5 pm, Monday - Friday. Break periods and a lunch period provided. This position may be required to perform work duties in addition to the above business hours, depending on workload and deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand in an office environment. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear to interact with employees/job seekers. The employee is constantly required to use the telephone. The employee will constantly use a personal computer, keyboard, and view multiple monitors. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, and reach. The employee may be required to lift objects up to 20 pounds which may include company materials, files, and small equipment. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus in order to view reports, computer screens, forms, and documents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed indoors in a fluorescent-lit workspace at the employer's office with minimal exposure to noise and adverse environmental issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Interface Security Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.