Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Capital Finance Manager, part of Optum Corporate Finance, is responsible for various capital finance functions including business analytics, annual planning and quarterly forecasting, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create financial models and analysis of business segment financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence segment capital investments and performance
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Capital Program Oversight
- Be a leader and key knowledge source within the team relative to Optum Corporate Capital programs and/or other areas as assigned
- Develop financial models and provide analytic and reporting support for multiple, complex key programs
- Collaborate with program and segment FP&A teams to develop program forecasts, budgets, and plans
- Validate program plan assumptions based on facts, trends, analysis, and risk - identify and escalate program issues to leadership when appropriate
- Complete standard variance analysis and research variance drivers and explain cause-effect relationships
- Understand program dependencies, synergies, and overlap within and between Capital segmentation
- Partner with segment financial representatives to discuss forecast discrepancies and identify risks to the Capital and IOI plans
- Benefits - Modeling and Tracking (i.e. new revenue, medical costs reductions, SG&A savings, etc)
- Monthly GL close including (Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Investigation and Reporting)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- 5+ years progressive work experience in Accounting / Finance, or related financial analysis experience
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, VLookups, Macros)
- Sound analytical skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP, fundamental financial concepts, and procedures
- Ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- MBA or CPA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Capital Finance experience
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with concurrent deadlines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to prioritize and manage demanding workloads
- Assertive, self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Capital Finance Manager, Accounting, Finance, Financial Analysis, Pivot tables, VLookups, Macros, GAAP, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota