Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Career Services Coordinator
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Are you a good fit?
- You are passionate about career education.
- You embrace change and you are always excited to learn something new.
- You are articulate and confident in your communication.
- You believe that goals are set to be exceeded.
As a Career Services Coordinator, you will:
- Build effective relationships with local and regional employers, non-profits, government organizations and community partners to identify employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to achieve graduate employment goals.
- Conduct site visits for the express purpose of enhancing existing relationships with employers / sites and establishing new partnership opportunities;
- Locate new employment sites, maintain contact with employers, and coordinate placement activities (resume submittals, interviews, etc.).
- Attend industry-related networking events to build potential employer database;
- Coordinate and attend Job / Career Fairs; participate in campus and off-campus events, including graduation and marketing events;
- Actively maintain an awareness of employment and industry trends and discuss research with Career Services and Education department as appropriate;
- Maintain contact with graduates by generating follow-up calls, e-mails, texts, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Do you have the right background?
- Education: You have a Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree and five years of related experience preferred.
- Experience: You have a minimum of 2 years practical work experience (required). Experience in career services preferred or employment background in any of the following: job placement at a vocational school, college, or university; staffing agency, recruiter; government sponsorship agency; or marketing/sales.
- Goal Oriented: Desire to set milestones and sense of personal accountability for achievement.
- Transportation: You have access to reliable transportation with the ability and willingness to travel.
- Networking: Familiarity with the local job market. Demonstrated ability to build rapport and influence decision making.
- Communication: Articulate in both verbal and written conversation.
- Aptitude: Able to learn a variety of career concepts and explain them to others.
Why become a Career Services Coordinator?
- Challenge and expand your knowledge.
- Develop your skills in an entrepreneurial environment where you have influence.
- Work alongside an exceptional leadership team, passionate about educating future developers.
- Achieve challenging goals in an environment that provides tangible rewards.
At SCI, we celebrate a diverse team and culture among our employees as well as our students. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If this isn't the job for you but you like what you see, then we encourage you to check out our website to view other SCI opportunities at https://scitexas.edu/.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, and we're just getting started. We offer certification- based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.