Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our #Liver/Kidney Clinic#. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team who will perform diversified clinical and administrative support duties for the outpatient organ failure/organ transplantation program. The Medical Assistant Transplant will utilize skills in performing technical skills and support skills for the nursing staff in order to care for the patient in an effective and efficient manner.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs routine duties in caring for outpatient clinic patients as directed by the Registered Nurse and is able to demonstrate appropriate skills and/or competencies.
- Screens and collects data from patients, including patient histories. Assists with patient discharge preparations as instructed by RN. Reports and documents pertinent information such as vital signs, weights.
- Calls and/or faxes prescription refills to the pharmacy following office protocols and/or after approval from physician. Retrieves medication from pharmacy and transports to the clinic as directed by the RN.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and records at all times.
- Performs Electrocardiograms, Non-invasive hemodynamic testing, vital signs, weights, phlebotomy, injections, removes sutures/staples, simple dressing changes (clean and dry, sterile), assist with sterile procedures, simple, non-sterile dressings, and removes peripheral IV’s, records response to treatments and reports pertinent information to appropriate RN. Obtains and labels specimens from wounds, Guiac stool specimens, Urine and sputum collection in cups, blood collection and transports specimens to lab as directed.
- Provides assistance to other nursing personnel as needed. Assists with the orientation of new personnel as appropriate. Runs errands, stocks examination rooms, maintains cleanliness of patient rooms, and triage area on a daily basis. Performs other duties as delegated by the RN
- Prepares charts and orders for patient’s upcoming clinic visit. Assist with clerical duties as assigned, including medical records correspondence, scheduling procedures, and collecting testing reports for RN to review and coordinating patient testing for transplant evaluations. Will assist in other clerical duties such as answering telephone calls, pages. Medical assistant will triage messages appropriately to the RN
A minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalent, two to three years in the medical field as a Medical Assistant or Certified Nurse Aide, and one of the following certifications is required: Certified Nurse Aide or Medical Assistant Certification.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey and ranking in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.